The New Tata Nexon EV will be the Tata Motors second electric vehicle in the country after Tata Tigor EV. The vehicle was launched on January 28, 2020.
Right now, Tata Nexon Ev is available in 13 states and its major cities in India.
We are pretty sure that many of you will be planning to add a Tata Nexon electric vehicle to your garage. But hold on. Before you decide on bringing home one, here are some important details that you need to know about it.
New Tata Nexon EV Summary
- Tata Nexon EV comes in 3 variants
- Tata Nexon EV XM – 13.99L INR(Ex- Showroom)
- Tata nexon EV XZ+ – 14.99L INR(Ex- Showroom)
- Tata Nexon EV XZ+LUX – 15.99L INR(Ex- Showroom)
- Tata Nexon EV comes in 3 colors
- Signature Teal Blue
- Glacier White
- Moonlit Silver
- Drive range
- It comes with ARAI-certified range of 312km*
- 0-100 kmph in 9.9** sec
- 0-60 kmph in 4.6** sec
- Instant availability of 245 Nm torque
- 60% increase in peak torque in Sport Mode
The Nexon EV has a peak power output of 127 bhp compared to 109 bhp of the diesel and petrol versions. Peak torque is at 245 NM, significantly higher than petrol’s 170 NM.
Now let’s see in detail about Tata Nexon EV performance and features that make it one of the best EV in the market.
Engine AKA Motor
Tata Nexon EV is powered by a 3-phase permanent magnet synchronous motor that delivers 129 PS and 245 Nm of peak torque.
The motor is mated to an automatic transmission. The electric vehicle has two driving modes — Drive and Sport Mode. The Motor is IP67 certified. It comes with Smart regenerative braking, Hill Ascent Assist, Hill Descent Assist features
Tata Nexon EV can reach 0 – 100km/hr in 9.9 secs*.
Tata Nexon EV comes with 30.2 kWh high energy density Lithium-Ion battery that packs a blazing performance and comes with an 8-Year Warranty.
The battery cells are made by Tata Chemicals, and the battery pack assembly (30.2 kWh, liquid cooled) and motor assembly is performed by Tata Autocomp. Included in the vehicle purchase price.
Liquid cooled, IP67 certified and AIS-048 safety standard compliant battery pack, rigorously tested for protection from nail penetration, crush, overcharge, and short. Designed to operate over a wide range of temperatures, withstands all weathers, and is shockproof, waterproof, and dustproof.
It takes approximately 31 units of electricity to full charge the battery.
It comes with Compatible with CCS 2 fast charging standard. Tata Power will install a bundled home or workplace AC charger.
With a common 15A Plug Charger, you can from 10% to 90% in approximately 8.5Hrs* and with the Fast charging option you charge about 0% – 80% in 60 minutes.
Even if you are out of charge during long distance, Tata nexon Ev comes with a a 3.3 kW AC on-board charger using which you can simply charge using common 15A Plug Point.
Tata Motors has the Largest public charging network in India and also currently they have 24×7 emergency charging support (in 5 cities).
To find the nearest charging location for the electric car, click here
EV range ratings in India are calibrated on the wildly optimistic ARAI-certification, which is even more generous than the now-defunct NEDC cycle.
So, whilst the marketed ARAI range of the Nexon is 312 km (194 miles), translating that into EPA-like “real-world” figures, the range is more realistically around 120 miles (193 km).
Tata Nexon EV has a speed limit of 120 kph to ensure optimal battery performance. No road in cities of India allows speeds in excess of that, so it is more than good for City owners.
But in case in future, if there are a wide network of charging stations and people willing to travel more distant, then the limit of 120kph can become a deal breaker for competitors of Tata EV such as MG ZS & Hondo Kona.
Tata ZConnect Features
Tata Nexon EV comes with 35 Connected Features with Tata Motors Z Connect Mobile App.
The features is available in all the 3 variants of the car and the features are listed below:
- Safety & Security:
- Intrusion alert,
- Stolen vehicle tracking,
- Panic notification,
- Remote immobilization etc.
- Location Based Services
- Find nearest charging and service station
- Find my car
- Time fencing etc.
- Remote Commands
- Remote door lock/unlock
- Remote cooling
- Remote vehicle diagnostics
- Remote lights ON/OFF etc.
- 20+ Vehicle Health Alerts
- Trip analytics & driver behaviour score
- Social tribes
- Battery Pack & Motor Warranty – 8 Year or 1,60,000 km (whichever is earlier)
- Vehicle Warranty – 3 Year or 1,25,000 km (whichever is earlier)
Projector headlamps with DRL, Front Fog Lamps – Auto headlamps with ambient and tunnel detection and “Follow me Home” feature, to keep you focused on the road.
Leatherette interiors – Plush and premium leatherette seats and upholstery lend a classy sophistication to Nexon EV.
Powered sunroof – Nexon EV’s powered sunroof is a breath of fresh air. Slide it back and enjoy the freedom of a smooth drive.
- ConnectNext Infotainment system by Harman™ *
- ConnectNext 7″ Floating Dash-top (17.78 cm) touchscreen infotainment by Harman™ *
- 8 speaker-system by Harman™ *
- AM/FM with RDS ( RDS – Regional FM / AM station auto tuning)
- Bluetooth connectivity
- SMS / WhatsApp notifications and read-outs*
- Apple Carplay™ & Android Auto™*
- Image and video playback*
- Steering Mounted Audio, Phone & Voice Controls*
- What3Words™ address based navigation*
(* varies between models)
Operating & Maintenance Cost
With its low operating cost-at about Rs 1.1 per kilometre versus Rs 6.5 for petrol and Rs 5.5 for diesel, which means one would start saving money in quick time.
Electric cars also require next to nothing by way of maintenance cost-no engine oil or oil filter changes for example.
Few more Safety Features
- Camera-based reverse park assist – which will help in parking and maneuvering your Nexon EV in tight spaces.
- Dual Airbags – which ensure the safety of both, the Driver and the Co-driver.
- Fortified Cabin – The high-strength reinforced steel structure protects the passenger cabin by absorbing impact energy, thus ensuring you are always protected.
- ISOFIX as standard – Get absolute protection for your child with the ISOFIX child-seat mount.
I hope the above details will help you in deciding whether to go for Tata Nexon EV incase if you are planning to buy an electric vehicle.
If you’ve found this article very useful, please share this article with your friends, relatives or whoever needs it and please do let us know your thoughts in the comments below or follow us on our social pages.